News from EUROMARFOR
 Back to previous page
November 15, 2010
Frigate D. Fernando II e Gloria received EUROMARFOR Permanent Cell

On 13th of November 2010, EUROMARFOR Permanent Cell paid a visit to historical Frigate D. Fernando II e Gloria.The cell members werebreceived by Captain Rocha e Abreu, the current Ship Commander.

The Frigate D. Fernando II e Gloria was launched in 1843 and it was the last frigate under sail to serve in the Portuguese Navy and the last warship, on the "India run".

Nowadays the Ship has a cultural significance for current and future generations understand naval history. The Frigate it is at Cacilhas (Almada) open to visits.

Frigate D. Fernando II e Gl�ria

Visit to Frigate D. Fernando II e Gl�ria

�

Visit to Frigate D. Fernando II e Gl�ria

�

�Captain Rocha e Abreu, from Frigate D. Fernando II e Gl�ria, (left) receives EMF crest from EUROMARFOR Permanent Cell Director, Captain Santos Madeira (right)

�


 Armando Correia   2010-11-15 17:21:48   169 / 122720;
 Back to previous page
Developed by CAPT(PON) Armando Dias Correia
Updated by EUROMARFOR Permanent Cell
EUROMARFOR @ 2022